Inside Pinto Art

I first heard Pinto Art Museum from my sister who is a student of multimedia arts. She went there to look for inspiration for their then upcoming multimedia exhibit which required her to put up an installation. I saw her photos and I was amazed of how beautiful the place was, thinking that it looked good because she knows photography and/or probably because of the camera. So my curiosity brought me to invite two of my friends to visit the Pinto Art Museum. 

According to Collins dictionary, Pinto (adj.) means marked with patches of whites, piebald and the origin of the word was from (19th century) American Spanish  means painted or spotted. Ultimately from Latin-pingere means to paint. No wonder, the Spanish-style house structure were all painted with white. 


Entrance to the museum. There is a small office upon entering where you need to pay the entrance fee.
The facade is so picturesque one should have a mandatory picture. No wonder the place is also being considered for pre-nuptial photo shoots.


The place is so huge with a number of galleries holding contemporary art pieces and even installations placed in the garden. I don't know anything about art, however, experiencing going to a gallery like this makes me appreciate the beauty of these pieces. I can imagine the creativity of the artists by just making a piece as well as the hard work and dedication just to finish one installation. I noticed during the time we went there, there are several art pieces made by artist Borlongan (sorry I forgot the first name).




Some of the pieces that you can find in the galleries. 

One of the outdoor installations.

About Pinto Art Museum:

Location:  #1 Sierra Madre St. Green Heights Subdivision Antipolo, Rizal
Museum hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00am to 6:00pm, CLOSED on Mondays. 
Rates: PhP 180 - regular ticket; PhP 150 - senior citizens and PWDs with valid IDs; and PhP 100 - children and students with valid IDs

Please visit their facebook page for more information.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All smiles with Philippine Airlines

A Short trip to the Visayas -- Tacloban Leyte and Marabut, Samar

Luxury Experience at Thunderbird Resort, La Union