Leadership, Teamwork and memories to treasure

In the corporate world, you will always be working as a team and you as a team has to decide whether to rise or fall. As I looked back and reflect on my career life, my stint at HP was the one I enjoyed and the most fulfilling.

During the first 4 years of my career, fresh out from college, I was still on the learning stage on how to deal with corporate life doing typically an office staff does – office admin work, finance, sales and marketing. I was typically testing every aspect and finding the niche for myself. Then after 4 years, I decided that I have been staying too long in this company and I needed try something new on a bigger scale. Then an opportunity knocks from HP and applied for a position as an entry level Customer Engagement Advisor. Three things excite me the most upon knowing that I got accepted for the position, 1) new and bigger environment means more room for growth; 2) pioneer team transitioned from a different country to Manila; and 3) bigger team and more people to work with.
how we de-stress ourselves during work
seriously working during revenue cut-off

As the years pass moving up the ladder and enjoying every year of service in HP, I must say it helped me discover my strengths and learned how to address my weaknesses.

Working in a multinational company like HP is like 
with the boss

surviving in the jungle. You learn how to deal with different kinds of people and set aside personal matters just to make things done to achieve the team’s goal. It was like a race and you compete with yourself to become the better working individual – the one who works with HP. I cannot say that I belonged to a perfect team. We had our ups and downs and personal differences and often get cautioned by management if we do not meet our goals but definitely rewarded us if we get the desired results. But I guess those ups and downs led us to be a perfect team to consistently drive the sales operations' order management team to work perfectly. However, the time has come that all of us had to part ways and leave the company after more than 6 years. As each of us leave, we carry with us the pride that we were once employed and worked with the tech giant.
Service awardees
As I move on to a different company and looking at my former teammates, I must say that HP once honed us to become the professional and competitive person we are and applying the knowledge we learned to become the successful individual we are today.  
Moving from Mckinley Hills to Centris

I'd like to share with you the thoughts I have learned from my bosses since the time I started working. I am lucky and grateful enough to have such wonderful and helpful bosses starting from my STB days up until now. 

  1. The boss gives you the bullets, it is up to you how you will use it to shoot your target; 
  2. Always keep your professionalism and integrity; and most importantly
  3. Do not burn bridges because you will never know when you will need it to cross again.  

The Team
Making it matter..to give back to the community
P.S.
I wrote this to show how proud I am of what my former teammates have become. A job well done to all of us -- Sheryl, Janc, Belle, May, Pat, Cherry, Rossell, Necel, Berns, Nova, Janice and Penny! And Thank you to all our managers -- Stella Toh, Craig Little, Jonathan de Guzman & Katherine Barredo for the trust and opportunity you have all given us!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All smiles with Philippine Airlines

A Short trip to the Visayas -- Tacloban Leyte and Marabut, Samar

Luxury Experience at Thunderbird Resort, La Union