Meeting the "thighwarrior" in me

This is it! My first ever post in my very first "open diary". As this is my first entry, pardon me if you see any grammatical errors of some sort, after all, I set up this blog to practice my writing skills. =)

Now into the write-up...

Since it's summer, every one is in to fitness and healthy lifestyle to reach that desired beach bod. However, on my case, I only wanted to be physically fit and in shape considering that I am not getting any younger and aside from the fact that I feel heavier and heavier by the day. My colleagues invited me try out Plana Forma at Centris in Quezon City and I must say that this is the only exercise I have enjoyed the most. I have tried going to the gym, and I feel it is just not right for me. 

So, what is Plana Forma? It is a 55-minute workout derived from the techniques of Physique 57, influenced by dance, yoga, pilates and sports. Difficulty level of the workout differs on a per level. The class begins with a warm up and upper body exercises focusing on the arms, shoulders, chest and back followed by the thighs, seat and abdominal muscles.

What makes it challenging? It intensely heat up the muscles up to the point of exhaustion and allows you to push yourself to the limits to complete the workout. 

Level of Difficulty:

Photo credit from Plana Forma

Why Plana Forma differs from other gyms/fitness hubs? The trainers here provide particular attention to their students to ensure that they are doing the correct posture/form. Oh, did I mention that whenever I am in Plana Forma, I feel the positivity from each teachers and students? There is this inspiring vibe to do good and feel better. This is probably the result of attending forma classes that triggers our happy hormones. =) 

What makes it more exciting to attend forma classes? The challenges!! I was determined to take on the different levels of the challenge because they give discounts and freebies as a reward for achievers. Hahaha 

Mechanics of the challenge: 


Photo credit from Plana Forma

Sharing with you some of my photos during my one month taking forma classes:


with Teacher Berns and Teacher Gino

with Teacher Michelle and Teacher Van

with Teacher Viella

Plana Forma has branches in Jecoprime Bldg. in Bonifacio Global City and in Centris Quezon City. Soon they will be opening their Makati branch (sooo looking forward to that...)

Visit their website at http://www.forma-asia.com/ for more info on the rates and schedule of classes.

Special thanks to Janc and Cherry for introducing me to Plana Forma. 

'til my next post. 

Comments

  1. Well done Mai! I can feel the positivity just by reading your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All smiles with Philippine Airlines

A Short trip to the Visayas -- Tacloban Leyte and Marabut, Samar

Luxury Experience at Thunderbird Resort, La Union